[THIN] Process on Citrix Server Hangs

  • From: "Chris McNally" <cmcnally@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 14:43:43 -0700

Greetings all,

Windows 2000 environment, SP4, Citrix XP FR3

Our main user app is an ERP system: Exact Software Macola front-end,
SQL2000 on the backend. SQL server is a separate box.

We have one process that consistently hangs, eats up 99% CPU and I have
to kill it through task manager. It seems if one person is in the app
this never happens but if several people are and they happen to kick off
this process then at least one of them is going to peg the CPU and
effectively freeze the box.

I'm not sure how to approach this. Even if I could throttle available
resources for the rogue process I'm guessing it would just sit at the
threshold and still be effectively frozen.

Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

This Weeks Sponsor: Lakeside Software
SysTrack is the easiest to use, most complete way to monitor system and
application performance. SysTrack combines comprehensive monitoring
capabilities with hardware/software inventory, change management, user/web
auditing, and reporting to create a total management solution.
Evaluation at: http://www.LakesideSoftware.com