[THIN] Problems with Word and Excel 97

  • From: Baer Otto <Otto.Baer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Thin'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:46:15 +0200

Hello List

We are experiencing following bad behaviour on our Metaframe-Farm

Excel 97:
If there is a visible Cell with Text fromatted upwards (90=B0) the
Excel-Window repaints every 3 seconds. It has been seen as an slow
flicker...

Word 97:
If there is a Table in a Document, the whole Document starts flickering =
very
fast. CPU-Usage goes up to 100% on that process.

Description of our Server-Farm
Server:
- NT4TSE/SP5 (german)
- MF1.8/SP3 (german)
- Office 97
- 3 Siemens-Server with Dual-Xeon 700MHz an 2GB Ram. 2 Raid1 =
(first:System -
second:pagefile)

Network:
Ethernet 100MB

Client:
- NT4, Win2k, WinXP
- Citrix ICA-Client

Does anyone has an idea how to solve those problems?

Amt f=FCr Informatik
Otto Baer
Rosenweg 4
7001 Chur