[THIN] Printing problems

  • From: "Aterea Brown" <aterea.brown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:40:44 +1300

Hi Guys,

Has anyone had strange experiences with printer autocreation and
printers with "point and print" setup?
I have a situation where users on a particular server have problems
when thier default local printer is setup with point and print.
They get a printer, with a truncated name (ie what they would get
with point and print anyway) but they are not able to print to it or
even delete it.  If I add the user to the administrators group...it
works.
Im running win2k sp3 metaframe xp fr 2.
Note I ghosted this server onto another almost identical server and
that one worked fine!
go figure!!

kind regards

Aterea Brown,
Systems Administrator
Technology Services
Auckland University of Technology.
Email: aterea.brown@xxxxxxxxx
Ph: +649-917-9999 ext 8837

The information in this E-Mail is confidential and may be legally
E-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended

unlawful.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender and may
not reflect the views of AUT.