[THIN] Re: Printing from Java Clients

  • From: Gene Herman <hermang@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 22:06:36 -0400

We have found a couple of things regarding this issue.

1. UPD works just fine for printers that support PCL4 like laserjets and
maybe even Oki's. BUT deskjets do not or at least the ones we tried.

2. For the most part guys at home who will be using the Java  client -
probably have deskjets we can map - BUT the guys running USB may be out
of luck and the guys who have home networked printers may also be.

3. IPP printing does not appear to work

4. I am not sure we can justify the cost of any third party  software
with out exhausting all other avenues.

5 What Citrix needs to do is  come up with a UPD for Inkjets