[THIN] Re: PSv3 w2k3 Terminal Server Licenseing grace period is about to expire

  • From: "Stratton, Doug ISMC:EX" <Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 10:18:08 -0800

I looked at article 885013 but does not seem related (I have been told we
have a w2k domain not a 2003 domain).
I tried hard coding the defaultlicenseserver did not do anything (did not
reboot between the reg change so maybe).

From: Stratton, Doug ISMC:EX Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:04:37 -0800
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] PSv3 w2k3 Terminal Server Licenseing grace period is about
to expire

Don't know why but this started popping up on one of our TS.  The others are
not at this point.

Event Type:     Warning
Event Source:   TermService
Event Category: None
Event ID:       1009
Date:           2005-12-01
Time:           4:26:32 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       STUPIDCOMPUTER
The terminal server licensing grace period is about to expire on 11/21/2005
and the service has not registered with a license server with installed
licenses.  A terminal server license server is required for continuous
operation.  A terminal server can operate without a license server for 120
days after initial start up.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp
<http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp> .

I looked at article 885013 but does not seem related (2003 domain). But I am
told we are not a 2003 domain and none of the other servers have this set.
I tried hard coding the defaultlicenseserver did not do anything (did not
reboot between the reg change so maybe).

Any suggestions thanks.