[THIN] Re: PS 3.0 on Win2K

  • From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:47:31 -0700

Interesting outcome-

Turns out that SP4 and the support for JVM and Metaframe plug-ins is the key
to the issue. In short, Citrix says for this to work right, you have to
install SP4 and all other updates from WindowsUpdate and not slipstream or
from previous downloads of SP4. There is some change, some subtely about how
the system gets patched that is different (and better) in WindowsUpdate
versus an admin install of the SP and patches.

We are waiting to verify that this is the fix, but so far it appears to be.

Thanks for the input!!

Steve Greenberg
Thin Client Computing
34522 N. Scottsdale Rd. suite D8453