[THIN] Outlook to prompt for login

  • From: "Gordon Olson" <golson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 13:52:54 -0800

Is there a way to have a user who is logging on to a winterm get
prompted again for his username\password\domain when he tries to open
Outlook. I know this is the automatic behavior if the user logs on
locally but can we force it to happen when he logs on to the domain?

I know what you are thinking - why?

I guess users at the sales counter, instead of logging out and back in
as themselves *before waiting on a customer* making the customer wait is
not always a good idea. So if someone else other then the user logged in
writes an invoice on that winterm tries to open the email (logged in
user), they would not be able to unless they have the username\password.

I don't like it for dozens of reasons but that is what they want.

TIA

Gordon