[THIN] Re: Outlook Reminders fix.

  • From: "Chris Lynch" <lynch00@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 14:49:10 -0800

Yeah.  Just figured that out after I visited the MSDN site and found
that the variable is turned into an array.  I've got it working now.

Thanks,

Chris

JIC, here is the full script that works:

<SNIP>
'=======================================================================
===
'
' VBScript Source File -- Created with SAPIEN Technologies PrimalCode
3.0
'
' NAME: OutlookReminderFix.vbs
'
' AUTHOR: Chris Lynch
' DATE  : 1/2/2003
' VERSION: 1.0
'
' COMMENT: This script will read the following registry value, and then
place it In
' the HKCU hive with the same value:
'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Setup\First-Run
'
'=======================================================================
===
Option Explicit

const HKEY_CURRENT_USER = &H80000001
const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002

Dim strComputer, strKeyPath, strValueName, strValue
Dim oReg

strComputer = "."

Set oReg=GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" &_
strComputer & "\root\default:StdRegProv")

strKeyPath = "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Setup"
strValueName = "First-Run"
oReg.GetBinaryValue HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,strKeyPath,_
strValueName,strValue

oReg.SetBinaryValue HKEY_CURRENT_USER,strKeyPath,_
strValueName,strValue
</SNIP>