[THIN] Outlook 2003 Tray Sticks

  • From: "David Payne" <DPayne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 00:01:07 -0500

I've got an Outlook 2003 install on Server 2k3 w/ MF XPe FR3.  When
exiting from a published Outlook session, the Outlook system tray icon
stays on.  This keeps the session open, usually without the user
noticing.  Eventually their session will be disconnected by normal
means.  When they try to connect again they will start the disconnected
session, which has a failed Outlook executable already started, and they
won't be able to start up a full Outlook session.

Usually when you click on the Outlook tray icon it gives you options.
In this case, after exiting, the Outlook tray icon is unresponsive.  The
only way to get rid of it is to kill the Outlook.exe executable or
forcably logout the disconnected session.

I've tried to find a way to disable the tray icon to no avail.  Seems
like it's too integrated into the new Outlook 2003.  Other than that,
has anyone else ran into this?  Or does anyone know how to disable the
tray icon?

-dave

David Payne
Xcedex