[THIN] Re: Only allow specified apps.

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 11:06:26 -0500

Use appsec.exe  and see http://thethin.net/archive3.cfm?id=81940
<http://thethin.net/archive3.cfm?id=81940>  for a list.

Jim Kenzig
http://thethin.net <http://thethin.net>
http://spamguerilla.com <http://spamguerilla.com>
http://www.kenzig.com <http://www.kenzig.com>
http://ondemandaccess.com <http://ondemandaccess.com>
http://worldofasp.com <http://worldofasp.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Robert Barrett
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 10:51 AM
To: 'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [THIN] Only allow specified apps.

Hello all,

I am an admin in a school division and anyone else can attest to that
comes with a whole bunch of users (high school) playing all sorts of
games trying to congest the network to the point of choking.  Anyway
enough griping, has anyone gotten the GPO setting that only allows
certain Windows exe's to run working?  I am trying to only allow them to
run what is necessary to run for educational purposes, I can make the
list myself (of course if someone has a basic list to start I'd take it
:-)).  If not a GPO does anyone have any other ideas as to how to do
this?  TIA

Robert Barrett MCSE, CCA, A+
Enterprise Administrator
Fort Vermilion School Division