[THIN] Re: Old PC client

  • From: Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:22:35 +0100

We put together a DOS client and used it on a few machines. Setting
everything up was a major pain but once done it worked mostly OK. The main
problem we had was the performance of local client printing, which was
pretty dreadful. Switching to the w9x based client cleard that one up and
also allowed us to share printers with other users.

I have the full DOS client we made as a ghost image if anyone wants to look
at it. I think it's about 2MB zipped and 6MB unzipped. I'm sure MS won't
mind too much.

Regards
Angus