[THIN] Office of Users not configured on first start

  • From: "Dannhorn, Michael IZ/HZA-ICS" <dannhmch@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 14:30:00 +0200

Hi,

a second problem:

We have 3 Terminal Servers running - all software works fine.
On all of our TS we use the same nstallation sources.

On our forth TS MS Office XP does not run with user rights:

First logon on Terminal Server

with User rights:
*       User clicks on Excel-Icon
*       Excel is starting
*       NO MSI Installer is starting
*       User is asked to enter his credentials
*       Credentials will be saved
*       A popup comes up 'This feature is not available. Please contact your
admin'
*       Excel disappears without a message (Eventlog, ...)

with lokal Admin rights:
*       User clicks on Excel-Icon
*       MSI Installer is starting and configuring something (User specific
files/registry ???)
*       Excel is starting
*       User is asked to enter his credentials
*       Credentials will be saved
*       Excel is working

On both cases I deleted the users profil before the logon.

Who could help????

Grettings
Michael

This Week's Sponsor - RTO Software / TScale What's keeping
you from getting more from your terminal servers? Did you
know, in most cases, CPU Utilization IS NOT the single
biggest constraint to scaling up?! Get this free white paper
to understand the real constraints & how to overcome them.
SAVE MONEY by scaling-up rather than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147