[THIN] Office 97 on Windows 2003, Where did the scripts go?

  • From: "ray moore" <mcs5@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 13:49:54 -0400

Because of licensing I need to install Office 97 on a Windows 2003
server in terminal server role. All the application compatibility
scripts are gone in 2003. I copied the script directory over to the 2003
box and ran the scripts, I went through the script changes line by line
and The Office 97 script seems to do everything it needs. I was
wondering if anyone has heard why they removed the scripts and are there
an alternative available that I'm not aware of. I've tried talking to
the Microsoft Tech rep assigned to us for 2003 support but he seems to
be clueless about why they are not there and what you are supposed to do
to support the apps that the scripts were written for.

Thanks
Ray Moore
The SMS Group

This Week's Sponsor - Appsense Technologies
New! AppSense Optimizer is a new product from AppSense
designed to increase the user capacity of your servers.
http://www.appsense.com/