[THIN] OT: view hidden group membership

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 09:11:18 -0500

When you hide membership to a distribution list in AD, Everyone is given
Deny on reading the members, including Domain Admins.  The Account
Operators group has an override over this.

I want to use Delegate control to give the correct specific permissions
to a few people so they can view the hidden membership.  I tried using
simply read permission on group objects, but that doesn't seem to do the
trick.

Anyone know specifically what security a users need to override the Deny
on Everyone which is set by hiding membership?