[THIN] Re: OT: WinXP Service Pack 2

  • From: Anders Hansen-Øvre <Anders.Hansen-Ovre@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 00:11:47 +0200

There is a problem using Win XP SP with the Citrix Web client v8
When you try to launch applications from a Web Interface you can get the
errormessage "ICA file not found".
Below is a VBS script from Citrix to correct this issue, tested and works :-)

---Begin---
' Citrix ICA Client Update for Windows XP Service Pack 2
' Copyright (c) 2004 Citrix Systems, Inc.
' All Rights Reserved

Option Explicit
Dim WshShell, ICAkey, ExePath, IconPath
On Error Resume Next
ICAkey =
WshShell.RegRead("HKCR\CLSID\{238F6F83-B8B4-11CF-8771-00A024541EE3}\ProgID\")
ExePath = WshShell.RegRead("HKCR\WinFrameICA\shell\open\command\")
IconPath = WshShell.RegRead("HKCR\WinFrameICA\DefaultIcon\")
If Len(ICAkey) > 0 AND Len(ExePath) > 0 AND Len(IconPath) > 0 Then
    WshShell.RegWrite "HKCR\" & ICAkey & "\DefaultIcon\", IconPath
    WshShell.RegWrite "HKCR\" & ICAkey & "\shell\open\command\", ExePath
    WshShell.RegWrite "HKCR\.ica\", ICAkey
    WScript.Echo "The Citrix ICA Client Update for Windows XP Service Pack 2
completed successfully."
Else
    WScript.Echo "Error: Could not locate ICA Client registry information.
Please re-install the Citrix ICA Client."
End If
---End---

(Lines might wrap!)

---