[THIN] Re: OT: Trend AntiSpyware

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 08:59:43 -0700 (PDT)

You can try  to barter a little with them to get the price down. Be up front.
Tell them I am considering you or mcaffee. Mcaffee is offering this..can you do
any better....
  Talk right to Trend, not to a sales person and have Trend talk to your sales
person.

  Out of all the major AV products I have used over the last 20 years(Norton,
Mcafee, Trend) Trend is the ONLY one that has not caused some kind of issue of
error or slowness with the operating system at one point or another during
normal operation. (While scanning with any of them your system slows to a
crawl)  Mcaffee constantly has problems with bad signature files and Norton is
just too damn persistent with every function that it does with the system.
Every try and uninstall Norton?  What a pain in the butt! I shouldn't have to
uninstall 5 things to get your product off my system.

  JAK

Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      v\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  o\:* {   BEHAVIOR:
url(#default#VML)  }  w\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  .shape {
BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }      @font-face {   font-family: Tahoma;  }
@page Section1 {size: 612.0pt 792.0pt; margin: 72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; }
P.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New
Roman"  }  LI.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; FONT-FAMILY:
"Times New Roman"  }  DIV.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt;
FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"  }  A:link {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION:
underline  }  SPAN.MsoHyperlink {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }
A:visited {   COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }
SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {   COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }
SPAN.EmailStyle17 {   COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-style-type:
personal-reply  }  DIV.Section1 {   page: Section1  }      I could possibly
agree it's the
 "best AV product" for one reason or another, but their updated pricing that
happened sometime in 2005 makes it up to 2x as expensive as every other major
product.  I tested all the major ones, and didn't find anything about Trend
(detection, footprint, deployment, management, etc) to warranty such a major
price differential.

This was on enterprise class pricing of 500 seats and up.  I also checked the
SMB pricing (per Jim's recommendation) and that was also almost 2x the cost.