[THIN] Re: OT: Schedule PC shutdowns domain wide

  • From: "Brian Gavin" <BGavin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 15:35:11 -0500

Look into Dells IT Assistant 8.0.  Currently I use it to just get data
and hardware alerts on all server hardware.  You can set it up to
discover pc's.  SNMP would need to be configured on the pc's to point to
the server collecting all the data.  You can group the machines anyway
you want or remove them from the console all together.  There is an
option to setup command line tasks with it and you can send a remote
restart of the system.