[THIN] Re: OT: SPF record with Network Solutions

  • From: "Matthew Shrewsbury" <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:45:26 -0400

I don't want to start a huge topic on this but a lot of major vendors
are supporting SPF. As far as proprietary goes how is a DNS record
proprietary? We can stand around and talk about spam all day long but
I'm glad to see some people standing up and saying we will at least
start here. If people want to make this a Microsoft vs. the rest debate
I have no time for that...I want to do something constructive to stop
spam and the SPF record will do that.

As far as good for them goes...I think the customer should have a say in
what they use. Network Solutions are not about the customer and as such
have not bothered to support the many customers that would like to
implement the SPF record.

Senior Network Administrator