[THIN] Re: OT - SAN drive space vanishing

  • From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 13:34:28 +0100

The san is an HP MSA

no snapshots, its windows thats reporting no space

it looks like its because the drive is with 10% of being full and the
fact thats its compressed.

as there is a number of drives in use on the SAN but its only the
compressed drive that is giging any trouble.

________________________________

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 09:02:14 +0100
From: ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi ,

Have a strange one here...

We have Exchange 2003 running on 2 server in a cluster :

server A holds the exchange roles and cluster groups

Server B holds a huge data drive that holds PST files

Both servers attach to a fibre channel SAN for the drives

We are getting the Data drive reporting that no space is available when
their is 21 GB available.

When I fail the data drive to server A the drive appears and shows the
full 21 GB free and all is well again.

If I fail back the drive will also be fine.

It is reporting no space randomly.

Against my better judgment the Drive was compressed quite a while ago
but then more space was added from the free space available on the SAN.

Not sure if this last piece of info is relevant.

Any ideas were to even start as there doesn't seem to be any information
in the event logs.

thanks in advance

Ronnie
Visit our website : www.ltai.ie
Lufthansa Technik Airmotive Ireland Limited. Registered in Ireland. Reg.
No. 45999. Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
Lufthansa Technik Airmotive Ireland Leasing Limited. Registered in
Ireland. Reg. No. 140891. Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole,
Co.Dublin.

may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy
this message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify the
sender by return email. You should not read, retain, copy, disseminate,
distribute, disclose or use this email or its contents in any way. Any
such action is strictly prohibited. Thank you.

<http://windows.microsoft.com/shop>