[THIN] Re: OT: Print Clustering (Majority Node Set)

  • From: Martin Stephenson <martin.stephenson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 15:23:38 +1000

Hi Anthony,
I recently setup a 2 node W2K3 Cluster and looked at the Majority node set
option in the event we were to increase the number of nodes. Overall I have
to say I didnt like the whole idea of the majority node set, especially if
you have the minimum of 3 nodes.
 A far better solution is the one available from Veritas, which lets you
mirror the Quorum to as many nodes as you need. Of course you are going to
have to pay extra for this but then again only having a single Quorum is
definitely a weak point in a Cluster.
 Cheers,
Martin.