[THIN] OT - Off Topic - Front Page and Access

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 08:50:41 -0400

I need a hand with something in Front Page and MS Access.  If someone =
knows something about this please email me off the list.  I think what I =
am trying to do is pretty straight forward and once I get pointed in the =
right direction I think I will be ok.

I support multiple facilities and maintain our intranet page of company =
news and links etc.  I also have links to each facilities directory of =
names and extensions etc.  All I did was make a table in front page and =
save it.  They send me the changes etc every so often and I update it.

I made table in access and then made a form for them to maintain the =
names and numbers themselves.  The piece I need help with is how to make =
the web page display the data from the table.  That way when they make a =
change in Access, the web page is updated and I don't have to do =
anything.  I would also be able to give them some sort options so they =
can sort the phone list by name or extension etc when they are looking =
at it.

I have IIS available on the network if it is needed to make this work.

If anyone knows how to link access to front page like this, I would very =
much appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Greg