[THIN] Re: OT - Managing TCP/IP Printers

  • From: "Stefan Timmermans" <stefan.timmermans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:38:34 +0100

Angela,

RES powerfuse allow Citrix users to print on the nearest by printer.

We have such a setup, with 2 printServers, one of which is the backup for
some printers and vice-versa

The CTX servers print to the printqueues on the printservers, though they
are intialy processed with their own drivers on x64 CTX servers.

You can organise printers in powerzones like your users (subnets) . RES
powerfuse is installed on CTX servers (kind of scripting engine)

then uses its script engine (that can be fully configured with the
management console) , to only show the printers on the same subnet
(eventually floor or building if

you subnet as such).

A really amazing solution. Moreover, you can specify which print server is
the backup for which printer ! So if the print spooler

crashes, new jobs will be redirected to the backup printserver for this
printer. So you have Manual Loadbalancing and High Availibility as well.

Surely better then a MS cluster server.

Take the time to study the material, and believe me it works splendid on
both x64 Windows 2003 CTX/Xenapp 4.5 & x64 Wndows 2003 Print Servers

Regards,

Stefan

  _____