[THIN] Re: OT: MS SBS

  • From: Keith Duckworth <KDuckworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:52:25 -0400

I believe that SBS and it's components have to be on one box.

SBS is a DC, and according to Microsoft, the only DC that can be in the
domain.(Which is true.  I tried putting other DC's on, and it didn't work!)
Because of that, there isn't load balancing, etc. available, because the
only servers you can have within the domain are member servers, not DC's.

I maybe wrong (which wouldn't be the first time today), but my two-nickels
worth is, "all on the same box."

Keith