[THIN] OT: Image non-Citrix Server

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 12:53:22 -0400

I'd like to image one of my Dell PowerEdge 700's because I deploy many
of these with the same exact configuration for remote site DCs  With my
XP machines I use sysprep, but I don't know if such a tool from MS
exists for Windows 2003 Server?  If so, can someone direct me to it?
These machines are part of the domain when I configure them, but the DC
promotion is the last thing I do.  This would not be done as part of the
image.

Is my best option to image the machine while on the domain, deploy new
images, boot newly imaged machine off network, run NewSID, then rejoin
to domain and do my final DC promotion?

http://www.tarantella.com/ttba