[THIN] Re: OT: Group Policies in Organizational Unit

  • From: "Jim Hathaway" <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 09:57:02 -0700

Interesting. I've found that with either mixed or native domains.
Configuring the servers' local machine policy to use loopback processing
through gpedit.msc, ensures that OU based policies apply correctly from
then on out.=20

To be on the safe side, I still have the loopback enabled (among other
settings) with a machine policy on the OU as well.=20

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On =
=3D
=3D3D
Behalf
Of Ron Oglesby
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 9:04 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well you have to be in Native mode (per some MS article) for this to =
=3D3D
work
properly (of course you cant have any down level domain controllers when
=3D3D
you
do this...)

Anyway the location for the policy is found in the GPO at:
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Group Policy\User Group
Policy loop Back processing mode.

I have mine enabled and set to replace. (depending on the client...)

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
=3D3D3D20