[THIN] OT: Domain Question

  • From: "jason swanson" <jasonswanson_1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 15:13:32 +0000

Good Morning,

Sorry for the off topic post.  I have an existing Windows 2000 mixed mode
domain (Domain A).  We have a project that requires functions of a Windows
2000 native mode domain.  Unfortuentely because of licensing issues and the
fact that we will not be able to move Domain A to native mode within the
project time frame. We have deceided to create a new Windows 2000 native
mode domain for the project in a new forest (Domaino B).  I also need the
ability for a user from Domain B to be able to use a workstation in Domain A
and log into Domain B via a trust.  We have created a "NT 4.0" style non
transitive trust between the two domains.  The only problem is that it seems
like we can not add domain admins from domain A to the domain admins group
from domain B.  Is this by design or am I missing something.  This should be
something that I should know but I must be having a bad day!  Any help would
be appreciated.