[THIN] OT Any recommendations for software audit systems

  • From: Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:38:57 -0000

I've been tasked with looking at Software Auditing systems for our
organisation. I've had a look at Centennial Discovery (which appears, at
first glance, only to list the programs in the add/remove programs list) and
GASP (which thinks that convert.exe is part of Wordperfect 5.1). neither of
these currently seems ideal although I've more testing to do.

Can anyone recommend any others? Full system auditing isn't required and if
anyone knows where I can just buy an application list since we have our own
.exe evaluation system in place, that'd be great too.

Regards
Angus
This Week's Sponsor - Emergent Online 99Point9.com
EOL THINssentials? Bring You TRUE Universal Printing Solutions
and Time Zone Support. EOL delivers any print job, any
time zone, to any client, over Any protocol (ICA or RDP)!
http://www.99point9.com/public/products/index.asp