[THIN] OT: AD Schema Master won't transfer.

  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 14:44:54 -0700

All:

I have 2 W2K DC's that a while ago I moved to new machines.  In the process, I
transferred over the FSMO Roles to one server (named the BDC from the NT days)
while I moved the other (named PDC).   Now I want to move all the FSMO roles
back over onto the PDC, and most of them went without argument.. except one.

The Schema Master Role will not allow me to change it from the BDC to PDC.  I
"Change Domain Controller" to the PDC, which it takes, but when I try to change
the Operation Master,  the button for "Change" is greyed out.

Does anyone know if I'm missing a step?

TIA,

Tyfanie

This Weeks Sponsor Pearl Software