[THIN] Re: OT: AD Replication

  • From: Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:43:46 -0400

When you open up AD Sites & Services and go do to NTDS Settings and click
properties on on eof the servers you are replicating to, you have the option
of choosing IP, RPC, or SMTP.  For intrasite servers, this is defaulted to
RPC.  For intrasite servers, I am using IP (since I have no need to ever use
SMTP).  I was asking if you could use IP for intrasite, and if so, would you
ever?

For my second question.  I have 2 sites, and 1 server in each site.  I can
set the replication schedule for NTDS, and I can change the schedule for the
intersite link I have setup.  The default interval on the intersite link is
180 minutes.  The default interval on NTDS is once per hour.  Does different
data get replicated at the NTDS interval and the intersite interval?  Such
as account info as part of NTDS, and the \netlogon folder as part of the
intersite link interval?