[THIN] Re: New Box Spec

  • From: "Stephen Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:34:35 -0800

If you must go with one box, then use absolutely use two processors versus
one. The reason is that there are still many circumstances when a process
goes awry and takes all of the available CPU resources (whether that be for
a second or minutes). When you only have one processor that means that
everyone is effectively locked up. When you have two processors there is
still the potential for other users to have available CPU resources.

Of course this opens up many other questions about avoiding that
circumstance, controlling CPU usage, etc. but this is an answer to the
hardware question.

Steve Greenberg
Thin Client Computing
34522 N. Scottsdale Rd. suite D8453