[THIN] Network or Dialup Problems

  • From: "Armstrong, Robert" <robert.armstrong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:08:47 -0500

Greetings,

This morning I have been receiving a number of trouble reports from users in
the field getting the following error dialog when attempting to launch
publiched apps from our Citrix Metaframe XPe farm.

"Network or Dialup problems are preventing communications with the Citrix
Server"

This is happening for Windows 9x clients as well as WinXP and Win2000
clients.

The "fix" I have found so far is to delete the following Registry Key on the
client workstations and it works every time to correct the problem.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSLicensing

Can anyone tell me what the problem is and why this is happening?  My TS
licensing server is online and is serving licenses, but this problem seems
to be related to a licensing issue.  Has anybody encountered this problem
before?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Rob Armstrong

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If you
are not the intended recipient or authorized to receive this for the intended
recipient, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this
message or any information herein.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender immediately by sending a reply e-mail and delete this
message.  Thank you for your cooperation.

This weeks sponsor Emergent Online.
consulting services you can depend on.
http://www.go-eol.com