[THIN] Re: NT User-Specified Credentials fail

  • From: "Robert Morgan" <rdmorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <EHerman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 08:10:42 -0600

Thanks for the response.

I have heard that the ICA client has some problems with mixed
authentication.

Hope that info helps

>>> "Eugene Herman" <EHerman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 09/17/02 07:55AM >>>
We seem to have the same issue - supposedly anonymous login is designed
to prevent this - but there are differences between NT & 2000 - would be
curuous to see what the cause was in your case

>>> rdmorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 09/17/02 09:48AM >>>

Has anybody seen this problem?

The setup is one published desktop for Windows NT 40 Terminal Server
and Windows 2000 Advanced Terminal Server both running Citrix
Metaframe
1.8 SP2.

The issue is when the user hits one of the Windows 2000 servers it
asks
for the username and password some of the time.  When the user hits a
Windows NT 4.0 server it does not ask for credentials.

Any guesses for a fix?

This message, together with any attachments, is intended only
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It
may contain information that is confidential and prohibited from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this
message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the original sender
immediately by telephone or by return e-mail and delete this
message along with any attachments, from your computer.
Thank you.