[THIN] Re: My 64-bit Vista Ultimate PC keeps rebooting after installin

  • From: R W FALANGA <rfalanga@xxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 20:48:27 +0000

OK, Jim, thank you I will give this a try tonight when I get home. Rod > Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2008 08:06:07 -0400> From: "Jim Kenzig" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [THIN] Re: My 64-bit Vista Ultimate PC keeps rebooting after
installin> > Rod> First get into safe mode without networking by pressing F8 at
startup and> right click on computer in the start menu and choose properties.
Click on> advanced properties link on the left, Under the advanced tab click
on> startup settings and uncheck the automatic restart choice. Reboot and
logon> normally.> Run msconfig click on the services tab. Check the box to hide
all MS> services, then click disable all. Reboot and see if the machine comes
up.> If so it is a 3rd party service. Next just start enabling the non ms>
services until it blue screens again and you should find your culprit.> Jim> >
On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 8:48 AM, R W FALANGA <rfalanga@xxxxx> wrote:> > > I had
previously installed service pack 1 for Vista Ultimate on one of my> > desktop
machines several weeks ago. And I have had no problems at all. So> > I decided
to go ahead and install the 64-bit version of SP1 onto my 64-bit> > version of
Vista Ultimate. However, that did NOT work. In fact, it is> > rebooting itself
over and over again. I have heard that this sometimes> > happens, but I had
also heard that Microsoft had come out with a fix for> > this issue, and then
re-issued the service pack. However, after installing> > SP1 for 64-bit version
of Vista (I made certain I had chosen the correct> > version of the service
pack) I am encountering this problem and do not know> > how to resolve it. What
do I do to fix it? It will not allow me to log> > into fix, instead it spends
its time going into the Windows Error Recovery> > window, from which I can do
nothing, and then it restarts itself again. So> > it is now in an endless loop.
This really sucks, as this IS my primary> > development machine! So, I really
need help here. Please, let me know what> > I am supposed to do, or point me to
where I am supposed to go, to get this> > fixed.> >> > BTW, I have tried
booting into Safe Mode, but that hasn't worked either as> > it just reboots
itself almost immediately. It does seem to hang, though, on> > a crcdisk.sys
just before it reboots.> >> >> >> > *Rod*> >