[THIN] Multiple desktop sessions

  • From: "Gunn, Jeff" <Jeff.Gunn@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:35:04 -0400

Greetings, all -

I'm seeing some behavior I've never seen before and I'm hoping someone
can offer some insight.  I have a new 2003-based Metaframe server (XP w/
FR3).  Normally we only allow published apps on the server but I've
relaxed that restriction so some folks here can do some testing that
requires a desktop.

The testers want to run multiple desktop sessions simultaneously.  If
they open a desktop session, everything starts as expected.  If they
then try to initiate a second desktop session on the same server, with
the same username, the original session window is closed, and the
desktop session is pulled over and opened in the second session window.
It appears that only one desktop session per user per box is allowed.

If I open two desktop sessions with two different login IDs, I get two
sessions.

Anyone know why, and if I can turn off this "feature"?  This didn't used
to happen on my NT-based machines (I'm sure), or my 2000-based machines
(I think).

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Gunn
Senior Systems Engineer, Metaframe support team
Fidelity Investments - Merrimack, NH
jeff.gunn@xxxxxxx

This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id20