[THIN] Re: Moving users to new server

  • From: "Paul DeHaan" <wppad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 10:56:43 -0500

I guess it depends on your knowledge of scripting if this will be easy
or not...

It sounds like you have created local user accounts on the Citrix
server, rather than users logging into a domain.  I haven't moved/copied
user accounts from computer to computer, but I believe that there are
resource kit tools that allow this.

You can script the change of the roaming profiles using ADSI...you can
find a lot of good scripts to help you learn this at:
http://cwashington.netreach.net/, or you could just go into user
manager and highlight all the user accounts and change the profile  path
for all of the accounts using a global path like
\\server1\share1\%USERNAME%

HTH,
Paul

>>> Evertsk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 03/04/03 09:04AM >>>
I have some questions I was hoping someone could answer.  I have two
terminal servers in my organization, one that is using NT4 policies
(server
A) and another that is using 2000 AD Policies (Server B).  I need to
move
the users from Server A to Server B.  What is the easiest way to do
this?  I
need to have them use the new policies and not the old ones.  To add
another
level of complexity, I need to change the location where the roaming
profiles are kept.  Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks!