[THIN] Re: Mighty quiet out there today ---> FR3 Preview

  • From: "Stansel, Paul" <Paul.Stansel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 14:12:44 -0500

Dear Customer,

We would like to invite you to participate in the Citrix (R) MetaFrame XP
(TM) with Feature Release 3 Technology Preview. This release includes
support for Microsoft (R) Windows (R) .NET Server 2003 Release Candidate 1.
Additional new capabilities of MetaFrame XP with Feature Release 3 will
support improvements in speed and simplicity, including:

- Universal Print Driver II: allow administrators to use a single,
universal print driver on every server in the MetaFrame XP farm.  End-users
now have the ability to print in color and at high resolution (up to 600
dots-per-inch) to any client-mapped printer.

- SpeedScreen (TM) Browser Acceleration: introduces major performance and
usability improvements for end-users connecting to published applications
which embed JPEG and GIF images within Microsoft HTML pages. Supported
applications include Internet Explorer v5.5 or later, Microsoft Outlook (R)
and Outlook Express.

- Simplified License Activation, provides a new command line tool called
"mlicense" that helps simplify the tasks of adding, activating and backing
up multiple licenses within a MetaFrame XP environment.

Timeframe:
The Technology Preview will begin on Monday, November 4th, 2002 and will
continue through January 15th, 2003.

How to participate:
Participation in this Technology Preview program is easy. Simply log into
www.citrix.com/mycitrix and select the "Citrix MetaFrame XP with Feature
Release 3 Technology Preview" link within the MyDownloads CDA. Here, you
will have the opportunity to download and/or request the 90-day evaluation
media.*

We hope that you take this opportunity to participate in this exciting
program. During your evaluation of this product, we invite you to provide
comments, ask questions and report problems via e-mail at:
FR3Preview@xxxxxxxxxxx In addition, Citrix will provide a MetaFrame XP with
FR3 Technology Preview "message board." Here, participants can search for
answers to previously asked questions, exchange information and ask new
questions. This message board will be available under the
www.citrix.com/cdn Web site. Membership in the CDN is free of charge.

*Note: If you do not know your user name or password for the mycitrix.com
portal site, simply click on the "Forgot your password" link in the top
right corner of the page and it will be emailed to you.

Thank you,

Citrix Systems, Inc