[THIN] Metaframe Rebuild From Scratch.

  • From: HBooGz <hboogz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 22:03:54 -0500

Hey All:

I currently have a Single Server Metaframe XPe Farm with Nfuse/CSG running
on the same box. I am planning in installing the latest platforms/builds of
all citrix related apps.

Instead of upgrading, I plan on rebuilding. ( I have a pretty small Citrix
environment and even smaller Citrix dependency )

I was looking for any "field docs" that outline details behind how to
properly install and tune an OS for TS/Citrix. The Citrix MPS
4.0installation precedence ; suggested reg edits ; Licensing ;
Additional ports
that would need to opened for communication from internal net to DMZ, etc.

Also, i plan on installing the Data Store onto a SQL box. I have little to
no experience with SQL and i was wondering two things: Do i need to create
the DB prior to the MPS 4.0 installation ? or will the install create the DB
for me if i point it to the SQL box ? 2) Do any of you have a a quick
administrative guidline/ebook for SQL ?

Also, are WI 4.0 and CSG 3.0 compatible with Metaframe XPe ?

Thanks,

--
HBooGz:\>