[THIN] Re: Messages

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 09:09:11 -0700

Yes, I have gotten a few.  All they are doing is doing "net send <msg>" to
a range of IP addresses.  If you don't need it, disable the Messenger
server on the externally connected servers and it should stop.  I almost
consider it hacking, except for the fact that I had my server setup to
receive....

adam

                    bbeckett2000@at

                    tbi.com               To:     thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                    Sent by:              cc:

                    thin-bounce@fre       Subject:     [THIN] Messages

                    elists.org

                    01/06/2003

                    08:46 AM

                    Please respond

                    to thin

Have a couple of Citrix servers, one of which is accessible externally.
Recently we've had pop up messages on the console from an external source
for
things like online degrees, etc. Basically solicitors....anyone else
experiencing this? How are they doing this?