[THIN] Re: Meditech Users....Printing

  • From: Mark Guzzo <marguz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 13:17:18 -0500

OK,
here is what you do....
Goto the root directory where MEDITECH is installed
"C:\Program Files\MEDITECH" in there you will see a "Print" folder.
Enter it and right click on "VMagicPPII.exe" and select properties.
Check the version number for the file, as you need the new on for it to
work. The proper version number is "5.0.2.2"  I had one that was
"4.9.49" and that one would not work.

Once you have the proper file, start it as a service "c:\program files
\MEDITECH\Print\VMagicPPII.exe -i" then go into "Services" and start it.

Now, logon as a user and launch meditech. Goto Printer Setup on the
Meditech client and enter "PPII" click OK and now you can print LOCAL
:-)

I have Meditech setup as an anonymous published application so I write
to the HKCU\Software\Meditech\wrkstn\INIPTPDRIVERS key to add that
option so now they just select PPII from a drop-down-list

HTH

Mark Guzzo

--
Mark Guzzo

Citrix Administrator
Linux Administrator
Sinai Health Systems
M A R G U Z at A M E R I T E C H dot N E T
guzmar@xxxxxxxxx
This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
users, and time of day possible problems exist.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=320