[THIN] McAfee and Citrix/TS

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:36:43 -0400

Anyone running McAfee products on Citrix/TS?  Would like to know how you
handle updating the patch level on VirusScan 8.0/8.5i.  Wonder if its OK
to let the ePO Agent enroll in a deployment procedure and pull down the
patch and let it install?  This would mean the server would not be
placed manually into "install mode".   Or should I not use an automated
deployment task and do patch updates by hand so I can put the server in
install mode.

The VS8.5i install guide indicates that "install mode" is not necessary
If you use ePO to deploy VS.

Would also like to know about any "best practices" and tweaks for
running VirusScan 8.0/8.5 in Citrix/TS that you use.

For reference, I will be using VS 8.5i Patch 6.1 with ePO(CMA) Agent 4.0
connected to ePO 4.0
NEW! Follow Thin List on Twitter!
http://twitter.com/thinlist
http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com