[THIN] Re: Maximum Memory for Graphics

  • From: "BRUTON, Malcolm, FM" <Malcolm.BRUTON@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 15:51:36 -0000

I assumed you meant two monitors.....

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Michael Pardee
Sent: 06 January 2006 15:45
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Maximum Memory for Graphics

Thanks.  I'll check that link because the Help file has the color depth as
the very first part of that equation.  That's how I came up with the number
2 (16bit / 8).

On 1/6/06, BRUTON, Malcolm, FM <Malcolm.BRUTON@xxxxxxxx
<mailto:Malcolm.BRUTON@xxxxxxxx> > wrote:

Have a look at...

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX781561
<http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX781561&searchID=13276050>
&searchID=13276050

You need to make sure your color depth is in the equation.....

2

1024 x 768

16 bit color

3,145,728

Remember you need to set it for the highest resolution machine that you use.

I haven't seen it cause any performance issues by giving it to much memory.
(especially modern hardware)  I believe it will only use the amount it needs
to rather then allocate the full amount...I have it seen it cause more
problems when resolution or color depth is degraded.  Users don't like that
much.

Malcolm

From: Carl Stalhood cstalhood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:cstalhood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 06:48:42 -0600
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The maximum value is 8192. That's usually what I set it to.