[THIN] Re: MS TS Licensing message

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:54:29 -0700

Ok...What operating system are the clients using?  Sometime a registry key
gets corrupt so TSLS gives out temporary licenses instead of permanent
ones.  Check to see if this key exists:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSLicensing\Store\LICENSE000       If
this key exists, it may mean that the client has a Per Device license. Take
a client that is having this problem and delete the key.  When they log
back in, they should get a new license.

What really surprises me is that Per User is actually tracking your
licenses.  If I remember my Microsoft whitepapers correctly, Per User
licensing isn't really tracked.

I also just realized that I misread your first message.  Your question was
"is there a way to supress this message"?  In my environment, we also use
Per User licensing and we do not get this msg, except on Thin client type
devices.

adam

             gabriel.j.byrne@a
             ib.ie
             thin-bounce@freel         thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             ists.org                                                   cc

                                                                   Subject
             11/16/2006 10:43          [THIN] Re: MS TS Licensing message
             AM

             Please respond to
             thin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

sorry long day the server setting is also expecting per user

gabriel.j.byrne
AIB Global Treasury
IT Services
IT Services
01-6418000

This document is strictly confidential and is intended for use by the
addressee unless otherwise indicated.

Allied Irish Banks

This Disclaimer has been generated by CMDis

SBC SITES ONLY GOOGLE SEARCH: http://www.F1U.com