[THIN] Re: Location of the default Profile

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <JShonk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:09:28 -0800

Did you copy the profile to Default Users using the GUI?  If so, did you =
remember to set permission to allow everyone to read everyone?  =
Otherwise, the user that copied the profile will be the only one who can =
access it.

Joe

From: "Pavlo Ignatusha" <pignatusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:39:31 -0500

Default Location of profiles in W2K is in %systemdrive%\Documents and
Settings\%username%

If you migrated NT server to W2K your profiles would be in
%systemdrive%\Winnt\Profiles\%username%

If you used to have profiles on your citrix box they'll stay there after
upgrade cause you're staying in the same domain, do you? If you do not =
have
roaming profiles and wish your users to use new profiles you have to log
them off your citrix server, delete the profiles, edit registry under
HK_Users\default to edit the default profile features and let them come
again and define their custom settings.

your validation server would be your W2K Domain Controller (if you run
native mode W2K domain). In case you just have one W2K DC-that's it. If =
not
you can try stopping Netlogon service on other W2K DCs but PDC emulator =
know for sure which server validates your login.

Hope this helps

Pav

C. Michael Woodward, MCSA, CCA
Citrix/Database Administrator