[THIN] Local IP Port printing on PS4

  • From: Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:24:16 +1200

I have some users who have network printers installed locally to a
local tcp/ip port rather than a network print server.  The clients are
all Win XP pro.

On Windows 2K3 SP1,  PS4, and ICA v9 on the clients, print jobs to
those printers fail.  No error, no message.  Nothing.  I can see the
job leave the queue on the Citrix box but I never see it show up on
the client.

I did some testing with the policies to print with old style printers,
indirect through client etc and various combinations.  All yielded the
same results.

If I delete the local printer and map them to the print server, they
work fine.  If the printer is plugged into a LPT port, it also works
just fine.

Has anyone else seen this?  maybe someone else could try it and at
least confirm that I am not losing my mind (and I'm not ruling that
out yet)

Thanks!

Greg
This Weeks Sponsor: triCerat Inc.
You need Day Zero Protection!
Get Proactive with triCerat's Simplify Suite.
Solve printing, security and profile problems before they occur.
http://www.tricerat.com/?thethintl2