[THIN] Re: Java clients and TS Licenses

  • From: Jeff Pitsch <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:07:45 -0400

Microsoft licensing clearly states that a device license is needed for ANY
device that MAY access the terminal server. Also, licenses expire and are
returned to the pool every 52-89 days (or something like that.
 The licenses in the registry are also stored in the datastore. That way a
device isn't taking multiple licenses just because they hit a new server.
the option is eithet to clean out the registry or do some sort of
verificiation. I forget exactly what right now.
 Jeff