[THIN] Java Client (and windows XP SP2)

  • From: "Hutchinson, Alan" <Alan.Hutchinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 10:21:50 -0000

Anybody using the SUN J2RE SE 1.4.2._05 and Web Interface on Windows XP SP2?

User is connecting via WI and doesn't gett an error. It looks like its getting
as far as establishing a connection to the selected application and then
terminates and closes all browser windows. It creates an error log containing
the following :

Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) occurred at
PC=0x807446D
Function=[Unknown.]
Library=C:\PROGRA~1\Java\J2RE14~1.2_0\bin\client\jvm.dll

NOTE: We are unable to locate the function name symbol for the error
      just occurred. Please refer to release documentation for possible
      reason and solutions.

Current Java thread:
 at sun.plugin.services.WinRegistry.sysQueryKey(Native Method)
 at sun.plugin.services.WinRegistry.get(Unknown Source)
.
.
.
.
..
etc.

This only happens on Windows XP with SP2 slipstreamed as part of the build. SP2
over SP1 works o.k with the SUN J2RE.

I note that there are a couple of posts in the past with exactly the sam as
above but seemingly no resolution.

Regards,

Alan.