[THIN] Re: Interesting observation when installing Win2k vs.Win2k with SP3\4

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:30:01 +0000

if its an official Win2k with SP4 cd, that's understandable - I know they took
it out of XP SP1 (hence SP1a) and I always assumed they did that to Win2k too :)

If its one you made from a standard Win2k cd, then that's definitely
interesting - MS hosing Java before its even going! ;)

By the way, who are you? My mail client claims you're the list itself.. there's
no email address supplied, unlike for everyone else!

Andrew
--o--

>>> thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 19/11/03 16:14:24 >>>
Can't confirm this but...

Seems that if you install Win2k and then roll up to SP3\4 you get the
Microsoft Java Virtual Machine.  If you just install Win2k with SP4
there is no MS JVM.

than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147