[THIN] Installing Web Interface 2.0

  • From: Keith Duckworth <KDuckworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 14:02:34 -0400

I sent this out earlier, but I am not sure if it went through:
I am planning on installing Web Interface 2.0 for outside world access for a
small group of people (< 15) .  Because I am "Ig-ni-ant" on what to do, I
would like to get an idea of best way to do it
I am planning on putting WI 2.0, Secure Gateway 2.0 on the same Win2k server
(with SP3, of course!).  For security reasons, I am also going to install
the certificate services, and I am planning on doing that on the same Win2k
box.  I am also creating a DMZ within my firewall, and physically putting
the box there.
Q1)  The part that "I are dumb" about is: Do I need to put the Win2k Server
on it a stand-alone, or part of the ADS? Basically: Is it wise to make it a
member server, or a DC part of the ADS?
Q2) Also, do I need two NICs on the Win2k box for traffic reasons (one for
outside access, one for internal access)?  I realize that the box is in the
DMZ, so if I need two NICs, do I put one in the DMZ for outside / public
access, and the other NIC inside the private network?  Or, do I put both
NICs within the DMZ?
Q3) Am I missing anything? (Other than my wits, but that is another story.
The doctor, you see....)

Keith