[THIN] Info: Quick Launch Bar

  • From: Ruud Bransen <rb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 14:18:10 +0200

Hi list,

Recently I was at a customers site who really wanted to have a Quick Launch
Bar in his published Desktop (W2K/AD, MF XPe). I searched The Thin and found
a lot of people trying to get rid of the Quick Bar so it was my believe that
the engineer made it disappear somehow. He just didn't know how.

Because the administrator had a Quick Launch I took a look at the policies
and finally found the one to let it appear or disappear: Enable Classic
Shell (I'ts under User Configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows
Components - Windows Explorer).

I just thought I let you know because I found so many questions and no
(simple) answers. Hope to have helped someone.

Regards,

Ruud Bransen
Databalk bv
www.databalk.nl