[THIN] Re: Independent tests (was Re: Virus protection)

  • From: "John Carlson" <johnc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:03:10 -0600

Well, I can arrange a 30 day trial for anyone who would like to try it
on their own.

I too have the pleasure of working on basically every brand of AV being
a consultant. Mostly I see Symantec, McAfee and Sophos. Personally I
would use Sophos over the others simply because of the performance
difference. It does not seem to impact the system resources as much and
scans much faster than the others.

I do agree that comfort level is an important part. I hardly recommend
any software or hardware that I have not had some personal experience
with.